Saturday, April 4, 2020

Attitude of Gratitude

This week, I had the opportunity to reflect on gratitude and a case study on an interesting individual named Randy Haykin. I just wanted to share some thoughts on a few things that popped into my head this week as I was going through these topics. 

Currently the world is an absolute mess. People are dying every day due to COVID-19, and many people are losing their jobs. So much bad stuff is going on, which can be debilitating for many. For me, it has been difficult to work from home because my children always want to invade my work space. It has been difficult to be productive and to feel stuck at home (very little social interaction for me, a social butterfly). What I am grateful for in all of this though is that I get to be close to my pregnant wife and three children, though it isn't always easy. I love my family and know that they are the best part of my life. I am grateful to be able to receive the sacrament in my home and feel the spirit, even when we are unable to attend church meetings. I am grateful for my boss who has worked hard on a day to day basis to ensure that our jobs stay secure to take care of our families. I am grateful to know that God loves us and is ultimately going to provide in such a dire time of need, especially if we show our faith in Christ and are prayerful. We are lucky to have such a loving Heavenly Father. 

I wanted to give a quick shout out to Randy Haykin on a few different things. The first thing that I loved reading about is that he set quality time with his family as a priority when he was in Harvard Business School. Currently, I am in school and working full-time. I don't always feel like I have time to spend with my family, but if he could do it t hen I definitely can. The case study encouraged me to review my time management and reflect on how I could be better. Everyone should evaluate their time management on a regular basis to see where they can improve. Nobody is perfect at it. The other thing that I wanted to point out about Randy is that even though he had struggles in his company, he always did his absolute best to do right by his employees and be honest. Some companies are really not too concerned with their employees. I feel that my boss is very much like Randy because I can feel his love and concern for my family in this trying time. I want to encourage all company owners to really think about how they can support their families, but also help their employees to do the same. I pray that each business owner that is struggling right now will do their best to do right by themselves and those who have worked so hard for them as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment