Saturday, January 11, 2020

Entrepreneurial Journal Blog - Week 1 Learnings from BUS 110 College Course


Hello everyone!

I am grateful for the opportunity to share some of the things that I learned during the first week of my entrepreneurial class. The first thing that came to my mind when I thought of the word entrepreneurial is the idea of coming up with a business idea and then executing it. It turns out that before you can really be a successful entrepreneur, you have to consider the "startup of you." This means that essentially you are going to figure out what you are all about. There were three questions that caught my interest in the reading this week. The first question is “what is my calling in life?” As I thought about it, the first thing that came to my mind is that I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. It is because of my faith that I first think about my relationship with God and how I want to please him with my thoughts and actions. My calling in life is to try to become like the Savior and in the process help others doing it. So, if I were to be an entrepreneur, I would want to focus on something that could help people beyond their typical needs. I think that is why I enjoy working in the healthcare industry, because it helps people physically and mentally to get through their days. The second question I thought about is “How do I create meaning.” This is a tougher question because it made me think about how I can create meaning in my own home as well as beyond my own family. To be perfectly honest, it is a great question that I don’t have the answer to just yet, but I plan to figure it out before the end of this semester. The last question that I thought about is “How will I measure my life?” I feel as though there is an easy answer to this, and one that works well for me. I measure my life based on how closely I follow the Lords commands, or if I fail, do I remember to repent. If I did my absolute best at the end of the day I feel good because I know that Lord will support me through my failures and cheer with me through my successes.



No comments:

Post a Comment