Saturday, March 7, 2020

Entrepreneur Interview Preparation

Sometimes school is a pain and feels like busy work. This week, I had a really nice experience talking about how I can prepare for an interview with an entrepreneur. This class is all about learning how to master myself and prepare myself if I were to every decide to start my own business. One of the best ways that I can think to do that is to actually talk to an entrepreneur and learn how they started the process from the very start, even meaning how the business became a thought. There are a few specific questions that matter most to me. The first question that comes to mind is how much time does starting the business take away from family. Family is the number one most important thing to me, and I understand that some new business owners are drowned in work. That is not something I am overly interested in, but would love to know how it effected their time management in all aspects of their life. Another question I think would be important to know is what the risk was to them. If you think about it, a lot of business owners take out loans to get things started up, but others are financially backed by family or some other means. I would want to know if they had risk, or if someone took a chance on them to start the business. If there was risk involved, I would like to know what preparations the entrepreneur took to offset them if future problems occurred. I'm grateful for school when I feel like the lessons actually apply to a real life scenario that could happen in my life, and am excited to really get into the interview this week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment